This Charter is a commitment of the Indian Railway Administration to:
1. Provide safe and dependable train services
2. Set notified standards for various services wherever possible
3. Provide courteous and efficient counter services
4. Ensure adequate passenger amenities in train and at railway stations
5. Set up a responsive and effective grievance redressal machinery, at various levels for time
bound resolution of complaints and grievances as far as possible.
1. Opening of ticket booking counters with specified working hours to facilitate issue of tickets
to the public.
2. Opening of adequate number of counters to ensure reduced waiting time.
1. Refunds would be made across the counter for valid and good condition Smart Cards.
Such refunds can be obtained at all the booking counters of any station.
2. In case where refund is not permissible across the booking counter, Metro Railway
Administration shall provide the passenger with a Smart Card Deposit Receipt. Refund as
admissible in such cases will ordinarily be settled within seven days of the submission of
3. Smart tokens once purchased cannot be refunded under normal circumstances if the
passenger has already entered the paid area.
4. Full refund is allowed at token issuing station within validity period, if not entered the paid
area(Beyond validity period, part refund is also permissible).
LOST TOKENS AND DAMAGED/BROKEN SMART CARDS
No claim for refund is entertained by Metro Railway in case of lost tokens and damaged/broken smart cards.
Concessions are given only to School students attending School / Madrasas / Vocational Institutions up to classes academically equivalent to Class – XII.
Information will be given in advance through media for special trains on special occasions like Durga Puja, X mas, examinations, cricket matches etc.
Important information are available through CCTVs at all stations in addition to central control and station announcement.
Highest priority is attached to keep railway premises clean and hygienic for which adequate provision of Safaiwalas has been made.
Basic amenities like booking counters, seating arrangements, drinking water, lifts, escalators, wheel chairs etc. are available at all the stations. In a train, light, modern seats, fans, on board announcement and destination boards are available.
Metro Railway Administration would ordinarily reply to the complainant within 30 days, where detailed enquiries are not required to be made and within 60 days, where detailed enquiries are warranted.
CO-OPERATION FROM PASSENGERS
Co-operation of general public is sought to maintain cleanliness, abstain from carrying inflammable items and refrain from spitting/littering at station premises