Three aspect Automatic Signalling system is provided from Kavi Subhash to Noapara Station and the entire track section is controlled by 20 Multi Section Digital Axle Counter (MSDAC) system installed at 10 locations. Facility for monitoring all the MSDACs centrally has been provided.
• In Metro Railway, out of 24 stations, 16 stations are provided with Panel Interlocking having semi-automatic signals, and rest 8 stations are fully automatic. Route Relay Interlocking system are provided at Tollygunge Car shed and Kavi Subhas Car shed. Electronic Interlocking (EI) is provided at Noapara Car depot for smooth inflow & outflow of empty rakes.
• To improve the reliability of Signalling system, all signals are LED type. Special type miniature LED signal have been provided in tunnel section as per RDSO’s specification.
• Dual detection through 224 nos FTGS Audio Frequency Track circuit (AFTC) are used for improving reliability of track vacancy detection system from Kavi Subhash to Dumdum Station as well as all Carsheds.
• To improve the reliability of Power Supply system, Integrated Power Supply System (IPS) is available at all Panel Interlocking stations.
• Microprocessor based Data Logger System: Real Time Data Acquisition System Data Loggers are installed at all the stations .Data logger networking with two loop system is done through E1 channel for faster and reliable access of data.SMS connectivity has been provided to signal staff as well as officer for early detection and analyses of failure.Also Fault monitoring and analysis is being done centrally through NMDL software at Metro Bhavan .
• Train describer system (Video wall) and auto train charting has been provided at central control to monitor and plan train movement on real time basis.
• In Metro Railway TPWS system has been commissioned. It is a safety aid for the driver’s mainly to prevent passing Signal at DANGER. Line side equipment are commissioned on 26.10.13 and On-board equipments of all AC rakes are commissioned on 20.02.14 and available Non-AC rakes are commissioned on 30.08.2014.