METRO RAILWAY TIGHTENS SECURITY ARRANGEMENTS DURING DURGA PUJA
Kolkata, Date: 19.10.2023
In view of the ensuing Durga Puja Festival-2023, thousands of commuters are expected to avail Metro resulting in huge rush at different Metro stations and in trains.
Considering the urgency, special security measures are being taken to avert any untoward incident in Metro premises from 21.10.2023 (Maha Saptami) to 24.10.2023 (Bijoya Dashami) in order to make Metro journey safe and secured.
Aiming to provide better services to the passengers, additional RPF and other staff will be deployed at Dakshineswar, DumDum, Belgachia, Shyambazar, Sovabazar-Sutanuti, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Central, Jatin Das Park, Kalighat, Rabindra Sarobar, Kavi Nazrul, Kavi Subhas, Sealdah and Bengal Chemical stations.
This apart, the following preventive measures are being taken to ensure the safety and security of the passengers:
1. Five- member Quick Response Teams (QRT) and Disaster Management Teams are going to be deployed at different stations and trains to tackle any emergency situations. Quick Response Teams will be armed with latest weapons.
2. Lady RPF Teams will be deployed in trains and stations to ensure safety and security of ladies and children.
3. Adequate number of RPF and staff will man platforms for crowd control with a clear instruction that no passenger crosses the yellow line mark, tunnel/viaduct mouth.
4. Patrolling at vital installations like Mid-point shaft, Cooling Tower, Pump House, Electric Sub-station etc. will be done.
5. Security arrangements at Noapara, Tollygunge, Kavi Subhash and Central Park Carsheds will also be strengthened during Puja days.
6. Dog Squad will be on high alert to undertake necessary anti-sabotage checking from 21.10.2023 to 24.10.2023.
7. RPF officers and staff will be deployed at Dakshineswar, DumDum, Belgachia, Shyambazar, Sovabazar-Sutanuti, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Central, Jatin Das Park, Kalighat, Rabindra Sarobar, Kavi Nazrul, Kavi Subhas, Sealdah and Bengal Chemical stations to regulate passenger movement and take necessary action to avert any sudden crowd build up.
8. Intelligence and Detective Wing officials will be moving around to keep surveillance of crowded stations.
9. Officials will remain on high alert at Security Control to monitor CCTV footage and ensure proper crowd management.
10. There will be frequent announcements through PA system to avoid any untoward incident. Loud Hailers will also be used by the RPF staff for assistance of the passengers and effective crowd dispersal.
11. Time to time photography and videography of different Metro stations will be done during Durga Puja to monitor the situation and keep record.
Chief Public Relations Officer