Contractual Medical Practitioner (CMP)
Engagement of Medical Practitioner on Contractual basis (Specialist Category) have been introduced on Metro Railway- Kolkata against the clear vacancy of Gazetted Post under the approval of General Manager , Metro Railway Kolkata with monthly remuneration of Rs. 46,800/- (including HRA of `. 6838 and Transport Allowance `. 3712) on a full time basis under the following terms & Conditions :-
1. The selection has been made by the Selection Committee through Walk in interview. Venue & Date of such interview have been published in all leading Dailies.
2. This offer is for a period not exceeding one year from the date of discharging the functions under terms of this contract or till UPSC doctors become available whichever is earlier. There shall be no claim or right for continuity in the subject engagement.
3. The contract shall be entered into for one year or less for the date of entering into the contracts period of contract is not extendable on any grounds. However the Railway administration shall reserve written in enter to enter into fresh contract with the Practitioner for another terms.
4. The full tie contractor Medical Practitioners (hereinafter referred to as CMP/ Specialist) who enters into contract with the 'Railway will not have any claim or right for his/her continuity in service or automatic extension of the terms of contract.
5. During the validity of the contract, the GM will be at liberty to terminate the contract for betterment of his/her carrier or on any other ground by giving 15 days notice to the Railway. The contract can also to terminate by the Railway at any time during the contract by giving 15 days notice without assigning any reason whatsoever, contract shall also be terminated if the CMP is found to be mentally and physically incapacitated.
6.The CMP shall undergo a medical examination, before the contract entered into, for his/her fitness to perform the work awarded to him /her.
7. At the time of entering into contract, the CMP shall produce certificates of his/her character and antecedents from two gazetted officers of the Central/State Government.
8. At the time of entering into contract, the CMP shall produce original certificate for proven of his/her date of birth and educational qualification.
9. The CMP shall have to undergo a brief orientation for a period of two weeks.
10. Normally Sunday & National Holiday will be of and in addition authorized absence without detriment to the terms shall be allowed at the rate of two days per month to be avail any time during the contract to the extend earned by the CMP tills such time. Provided these facilities shall be available to the CMP subject to fulfillment of conditions stipulated in close 14&15 of the terms and condition. Any CMP leaving his place or work leave of absence/national holiday should get prior permission of controlling authority.
11. Expenses on outstation journeys connected with the contract work will be borne by the Railway. Duty passes will be issued by the Railway for the purpose of journey in the line jurisdiction of the health unit where the CMP renders service and to the Divisional Head quarters and the CMP will be paid daily allowances at the following rates during the such journeys subject to the other provisions contain in the boards letter No.F(E)1/98/AI-28/9 dated 24.4.98. AI Class Cities (Rs.230/-) A Class Cities (Rs.185/-) BI Class Cities (Rs.150/-) Other Class Cities (Rs.120/-).
12. The monthly fees for CMPs and the daily rate of proportional reduction from the free in the event the CMP absents himself for period exceeding those stipulated in the contract are at the following rates:- Categories of CMP(Specialist) ,Monthly fee (Rs.46,800), Daily rate of Reduction from the fee for excess absence (Rs.1560/-).
13. Full time CMPs may be provided unfurnished accommodation his provided to the CMP and mount equal to HRA & License fee of the accommodation so provided shall be deducted from the monthly fee admissible to the CMP.
14. The CMP may be given one set of complimentary pass for Self & Family during each contract. The pass however shall be issued after he/she renders three month of the contracted service regularly.
15. The CMP may avail of free medical treatment for self only except the operations categorized as ' special' in Para 622 (8) of Indian Railway Medical Manual 2000 and treatment normally available at super-specialty centers from his/her respective Zonal Railway Hospital during the currency of contract.
16. The CMP shall be governed in respect of matters not referral to in these terms and conditions by any orders/ amendments to the terms contract issued by the railways from time to time.
17. The CMP shall attend to all normal tasks which any medical practitioner is conventionally doing. He / She will also attend to emergencies and accidents.
18. CMP shall issue sick / fitness certificates for a period up to 7 days, beyond which the certificates issued by his / her should be countersigned by a regular railway medical officer available at the nearest hospital / dispensary / health unit.
19. CMP shall not perform administrative work like pre-employment or periodical medical examination, sanction of leave to group C staff and certification with respect to food items considered unfit for human consumption, etc. However, the CMP shall be allowed to permit group C and D staff casual leave if sought, for 3 days or less at a starch.
20. The CMP shall not make medical recommendation of any kind referred to Para 559 to 564 of Indian Railway Medical Manual (IRMM) 2000.
21. The CMP will not have any financial power. However he / she may operate the imprest account in accordance with the guidelines contained in the IRMM. However, the cash vouchers in such cases shall be got countersigned by an authorized Railway medical officer. No cash imprest account shall be recouped unless the proposal is countersigned by an Indian Railway Medical Service Officer.
22. The CMP shall no0t initiate / review / accept the annual confidential reports of Group C Railway employees. However he / she shall, on request, prepare and present the performance report of the staff.
23. The CMP shall not indent or condemn / recommend for condemnation any tools and plants.