PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF FIRMS:
Stores Department, Metro Railway procures varieties of finished goods, as well as raw materials for Metro Railway B.G. Coaches of BHEL & NGEF Type, signaling, Mechanical and other General Stores items to maintain our services without interruption. In order to get right material at right time it is essential to maintain list of reliable suppliers. The suppliers are called registered suppliers.
Application Form is issued at Controller of Stores Office, Metro Railway, Kolkata - 71 (Contact Telephone Number: 22262421) on payment of nominal fee Rs.50 in person and Rs.75 by post. Application is issued to those firms who have completed three years business from the date of commencement of business since they have to submit profit and loss account and balance sheets for three financial years along with filled in application form. Firm not having three years of continuous business should not apply.
Application form can also be downloaded. Firms applying through downloaded Application Form has to enclose a Demand Draft for a sum of Rs.50/- drawn in favour of "FA&CAO, Metro Railway" failing which the application will be rejected without giving any reason.
Firms desirous of getting registered with Railways as registered suppliers are required to submit various documents along with filled in application in the prescribed form and an undertaking that they would be bound by IRS conditions of contract and Indian Contract Act of 1872 etc.
Details of documents to accompany filled in application for enlistment are given below:
a) Attested copies of State ST and CST certificate.
b) Rent receipt / Municipal Tax receipt / Rent deed.
c) Cash Receipt for Rs.50/- towards registration fee.
d) Affidavit for list of machineries.
e) Attested copy of agency agreements.
f) Attested copy of ITCC.
g) Attested copy of certificate from registrar of firms - Form A and Form C in case of partnership firm.
h) Attested copy of NSIC certificates (current and valid).
i) Copy of partnership deed.
j) Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
k) Attested copy of registration certificate with other Railways / Departments.
l) Trade group wise performance statement.
m) Copies of dealership agreements.
n) List of sitting directors/ partners.
o) Area of factory.
p) Bankers address
q) Attested copies of profit and loss account and balance sheet.
r) Statement of result of operation.
s) Affidavit for power of Attorney (partnership firm, Pvt.Ltd., or Ltd.Firms)
t) Trade Groups required.
u) Affidavit for statement banned etc.
v) Affidavit for statement family members having part in firms registered with Metro Railway/ Kolkataw) Affidavit for Value of Stock.
On receipt of application in the prescribed form, the same is checked for the authenticity of documents and then an officer is nominated to inspect the firm and submit the report. Inspecting officer inspects the premises of the firm and submits the report after assessing various factors like capacity, capability, credentials, machineries, testing facilities etc. and recommends the trade group for which the firm qualifies for the registration and the monetary limit to be allotted for purchasing the material. However, inspection is not done in case of firms registered with NSIC and sister railways including RDSO & Rly. Production Units. Firms situated outside our Railway region, must necessarily get registered with their zonal Railway in their geographical jurisdiction and submit a copy of their registration certificate.
Bankers report will be obtained based on the firms bank account. In case of firm registered with NSIC confirmation will be obtained from concerned NSIC region.
After allotment of trade groups and fixing of monetary limit, registration is given to the firm. The firm is advised to remit subscription towards bulletin for two years at a time. At present Rs.1,500/- is collected as subscription for Two years. On receipt of bulletin subscription and valid ITCC, registration certificate will be issued to the firms duly allotting registration number and supplier code number, trade groups and advising monetary limit fixed.
The registration of the firm is reviewed every three years, after initial registration for two years. Before seeking renewal of registration they will have to submit current and valid ITCC, NSIC certificate duly attested by a gazetted officer and submit past performance statement (trade group wise) along with the PO copies secured from this Railway.
The monetary limits for registration are as under.
a. Those firms capable of executing supply orders valuing Rs. 40 lakhs and above.
b. Those firms capable of executing supply orders valuing Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 40 lakhs.
c. Those firms capable of executing supply orders valuing Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs
d.Those firms capable of executing supply orders valuing Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 5 lakhs
e.Those firms capable of executing supply orders valuing upto Rs. 1 lakh.
(Authority Rly. Bd. Lr. No. 2002/RS(G)/753/I dt. 8.11.2002. )
BENEFITS EXTENDED TO REGISTERED FIRMS:
1. Eligible to participate in bulletin and limited tenders (Bulletin tenders : the purchase of items less than Rs. 5 lakhs in value will be made through the issue of bulletin tender. Bi monthly bulletin will be issued to the registered supplier only).
2. Exemption from payment of security deposit within the monetary limit.
3. Exemption from payment of EMD and SD against open tenders including Bulletin Tender, Limited and Special limited tender up to the monetary limit given to the firms.
4. Eligible to draw 95% and 98% advance payment against receipted challan and inspection certificate.
Majority of the Supplies to Railways must be pre-inspected by one of the following agencies to ensure supply of quality product.
1. by RDSO, Lucknow for safety and critical components.
2. by RITES, respective region for other items where required.
3. by DQA, respective region for items ordered against DGS&D rate/running contracts.
4. by Consignee for rest of the items.
Notwithstanding to the pre-inspection certificate issued by these agencies, Railway reserves the right to reject the material in the event of supplies not confirming to the contract.
EFT stands for Electronic Fund Transfer, This is to facilitate an efficient, secure, economical, reliable and expeditious system of transfer of funds through the banking sector throughout India.
1. Firms account is credited quickly.
2. The trouble of collecting payment and their lodging for collection is avoided.
3. Efforts for collection of cheques in person, through registered post/speed post are avoided.
4. Undue transit time from Kolkata to other cities avoided.
5. No extra cost.
6. Free to operate bank account of his choice
Registration of SSI units registered with NSIC:
SSI units registered with NSIC are entitled for automatic registration with Metro Railway, Kolkata for the items for which they are registered with NSIC. However, while granting such registration the following points will be observed.
1. A certificate is to be obtained invariably from the NSIC that the said SSI unit has been registered with them in accordance with the provisions laid down in DGS&D O.O. No. 119 dt. 16.8.1975. The registration will be granted for such trade groups as are covered by the products for which, the unit is registered with NSIC.
2. Such new registration will be allowed provisionally for a period of 2 years.
3. The monetary limit of the registration will be the same as that of NSIC registration.
4. For units seeking registration with a monetary limit over Rs. 10 lakhs, ISO 9000 certification is desirable.
5. If the NSIC registration is without any limit, then the monetary limit for registration with this railway would be Rs. 25 lakhs.
SSI units registered with NSIC enjoy the following benefits.
1. Application form for registration free of cost.
2. Exempted from registration fee.
3. Inspection of firm by Railways waived under the scheme of single point registration of NSIC.
4. Supply of tender sets free of cost for the items for which they are registered with NSIC.
5. Waiver of earnest money for the items for which they are registered with NSIC.
6. No Security Deposit upto monetary limit for which the unit is registered.
7. Price preference over the large scale units as per the extant rules.
8. Treated at par with those firms enlisted with this railway.
AGENCIES OF PURCHASE :
The following are the units purchasing material and NSIC Firms registered with this railway are entitled to participate against the tender notices issued by all these units.
1. H.Qrs. office (C.O.S. office)
2. All Depot Officers.
3. wbesite http://cris-km.org.in
:: Download APPLICATION FORM for vendor registration ::
:: Download INSTRUCTIONS for filling-up application form ::
:: Download RENEWAL form ::
:: Download STATUS of application for registration form ::
:: Download VENDOR-LIST::